- Place mashed potatoes, cheese, egg, Mott’s applesauce, and 3 tablespoons of flour in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Take a scoop of the potato mixture and form into patties.
- Place the remaining 4 tablespoons of flour on a plate. Lightly coat the potato patties in the flour.
- Heat a thin layer of the oil or butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook the potato cakes for 3 minutes on each side for a total of 6 minutes.
- Serve as-is or with accompaniments.
- Recipe provided by Catherine McCord, founder of www.weelicious.com
Makes: 12 servings.