Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Thai Curry Noodles
- ¼ cup Mott’s® 100% Original Apple Juice
- ¼ cup Mott’s® No Sugar Added Applesauce Apple
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into large cubes (about 1 lb.)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 14-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Zest of 1 small lime
- Juice of ½ lime (about 1 tbsp)
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- 1 8-oz. package cooked wide rice noodles (Pad Thai noodles), for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and cook until starting to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly, until the paste is loose and coats the shallot.
- Add the squash and Mott’s® 100% Original Apple Juice.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes until the squash starts to soften.
- Uncover and stir in the bell pepper, coconut milk, applesauce, salt, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Bring to a simmer and stir in the peas.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until the peas are warmed through and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Divide the cooked rice noodles between four bowls and ladle the curry over the noodles.
- Serve immediately.
- Curry can be made up to 2 days in advance. Refrigerate in an airtight container and reheat before serving over noodles.
Makes: 4 servings.