Apple BBQ Oven-Baked Ribs
- 1 cup Mott’s® Original Applesauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
2 cups ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
4 tsp dry mustard
3-4 lbs. beef short ribs
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a saucepan, combine onions, ketchup, applesauce, salt, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and mustard. On medium heat, simmer sauce for 30 minutes.
- Place ribs in a single layer in a baking dish. Smother ribs with sauce and reserve remainder.
- Bake ribs in preheated oven for 3 hours, turning and basting meat every 20 minutes with remaining sauce, using all sauce by two hours.
- On the last hour, turn the heat up to 400° and continue turning and basting ribs using sauce in the pan for the last hour of baking.