Golden Apple Raisin Squares
- 1 3.9 oz. Mott's® Unsweetened Applesauce Blueberry
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice, about 1 cup
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil or coat an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and cloves in a large bowl.
- Combine the eggs, applesauce, sugar, oil, and apple in a separate bowl, and whisk until well blended.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened. Stir in the raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Smooth with a rubber scraper.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes: 12 servings.