- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil or coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- To make the topping
- Combine the flour, wheat germ, and brown sugar in a bowl. Add the oil and stir until the dry ingredients are well coated with the oil. Set aside.
- To make the muffins
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the eggs, applesauce, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Gently stir in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Arrange the topping evenly over the muffins, using the back of a spoon to gently press the topping into the batter.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until the topping is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes: Makes 12 muffins.