Apple Squash Roasted Pork Rack
- 1 cup Mott’s® No Sugar Added Applesauce Apple
- 4 lbs. pork roast
½ butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 apples, cored and cut into chunks
1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high, and add the pork to the skillet.
- Generously season with the salt and pepper, and sear all sides.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a baking dish and make a well for the seared pork roast.
- Once the pork is seared on all sides, transfer it to the baking dish, placing it in the center of the dish with the vegetable mixture around.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake.
- Roast until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 150°-155°. Depending on your oven, this can be about 1 to 1½ hours.
- Once the optimal internal temperature is reached, remove the roast from oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes. The internal temperature will continue to rise about 5° once outside the oven.
- Slice and serve with the roasted vegetables.