- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12 (2½-inch) muffin cups with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In medium bowl, beat sugar and margarine with electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Whisk in applesauce, egg whites, and molasses.
- Add cereal. Stir until moistened.
- Stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
Makes: 12 muffins.