Mixed Green Salad With Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Mott’s® Unsweetened Applesauce Apple
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp shallots, minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, cracked
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 bags mixed salad greens
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, ½-inch dice
- 2 medium Gala apples, ½-inch dice
- 1 lb. bacon, small diced and cooked until crisp
- To prepare dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, applesauce, mustard, oil, shallots, salt, pepper, and honey.
- In a large bowl, toss mixed greens with nuts, apples, and bacon.
- Gently toss dressing with mixed greens.
- Portion into bowls or large plates and serve.