Slow Cooker Spice Rubbed Pulled Pork With Apples
- 1 cup Mott’s® Applesauce Apple
- 3 tbsp paprika, ground
- 2 tbsp table salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, cracked
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- ½ tsp thyme, dried
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lbs. pork shoulder, cut in half
- In a medium bowl, combine paprika, salt, peppers, thyme, maple syrup, applesauce, vinegar, and oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and pork to slow cooker. Pour applesauce mixture over pork. Cook in slow cooker on low for 8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Pull pork apart using two forks. Serve pulled pork on buns or plain with side items.