Slow Cooker Braised Short Ribs With Apples & Potatoes
- 1 cup Mott’s® Unsweetened Applesauce Apple
- 3 lbs. beef short ribs, boneless
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 stalks celery, ½-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, 1-inch dice
- 1 medium carrot, ½-inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 oz. tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6-8 small Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Rub salt over short ribs. Sear meat until browned on all sides. Remove meat from stovetop and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt butter in skillet. Sauté applesauce, celery, onion, carrot, and garlic until softened.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes.
- Add seared short ribs, sautéed vegetables, bay leaves, and broth to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Add potatoes during last hour of cooking. Serve.