Caramelized Onion Applesauce Sour Cream Dip
- ¾ cup Mott’s® Applesauce Apple
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. regular or reduced fat sour cream
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, sliced in half crosswise and each half into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- For the caramelized onion applesauce dip
- While the potatoes bake, melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and onions. Cook until onions have caramelized.
- Puree caramelized onions, applesauce, and sour cream in blender or food processor.
- Can be served warm or cold with fries.
- For the fries
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet, wiping up any excess oil with a paper towel. Place the prepared baking sheet on the rack in lower third part of the oven.
- Toss sweet potatoes with vegetable oil and salt in a medium bowl.
- Place the sweet potato wedges in a single layer on the heated baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes develop a nice golden brown crust.
- Turn the potatoes over using a spatula and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until they are crisp and have browned.